- Award-winning LifeStraw® filter technology, evolved with 2-stage filtration and a sleek, durable steel body. LifeStraw® Steel is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping and travel. The 2-stage filtration process removes bacteria and protozoa and reduces organic chemical matter and chlorine.
- The LifeStraw® Steel personal water filter builds upon the ingenuity intrinsic to the original LifeStraw® personal water filter with a durable, sleek steel exterior and 2-stage water filtration process.
- Now, in addition to the hollow fiber membrane (filtering out virtually all bacteria and protozoa), the LifeStraw® Steel water filter has the additional benefit of an activated carbon capsule which reduces chemicals such as chlorine while reducing organic compounds (including pesticides and herbicides), odor and bad taste.
Only 1 left in stock
LifeStraw Steel manufactured by Vestergaard Frandsen
The Quick Rundown:
• Removes 99.9999% of bacteria (E. coli, etc.)
• Removes 99.9% of protozoa (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
• Reduces chlorine
• Reduces bad odor and taste
• Reduces organic chemical matter (Pesticides, Herbicides, VOC)
• Lifetime of 1,000 liters (264 gallons) for the hollow fiber membrane
• Lifetime of 100 liters (26 gallons) for the replaceable carbon capsule
• Meets US EPA drinking water standards
• Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
• Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
• Very high flow rate; no after taste (because no iodine or chlorine are used)
• Easy to clean. Can be stored and used periodically. Just keep uncapped so it can dry thoroughly.
• Very durable stainless steel construction.
• Replaceable activated carbon capsule
• No shelf life. LifeStraw® Steel can be stored indefinitely.
• Length: 9 inches
• Width: 1 inch
• Weight: 4.4 ounces (125 grams)
• Construction: Food grade stainless steel. Meets US Food and Drug Administration regulations and standards
LifeStraw® Steel is manufactured by Vestergaard Frandsen, which is a Switzerland-based company specializing in disease control products for developing countries. Their core business model is centered around corporate social responsibility, and they help countries reach their United Nations’ Millenium Development Goals with products designed to prevent vector and water-borne diseases. LifeStraw® Water Filters are shipped throughout the world to countries in need including Haiti, Pakistan, and Africa.
|Dimensions||9 x 1 in|