LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- The LifeStraw personal water filter, a “Best Invention of the Year” (Time magazine) winner, enables users to drink water safely from most contaminated water sources. LifeStraw is ideal for emergency preparedness, as well as for campers and hikers who may be drinking from rivers or lakes and are unsure of the water safety. Because LifeStraw is lightweight and compact, it is also great for travelers who do not want to rely on the quality of local water.
- LifeStraw is the most advanced personal water filter available today. LifeStraw surpasses EPA guidelines for E. coli, Giardia, and Cryptosporidium oocysts, rigorous standards for water filtration.
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter manufactured by Vestergaard Frandsen
The Quick Rundown:
• Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of water
• Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
• Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
• Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
• Ultralight: weighs only 2oz!
• Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
• Very high flow rate
• Easy to clean
• Very durable
• Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
• Award winning & internationally recognized
• 1 year warranty
• Length: 9 inches
• Width: 1 inch
• Weight: 2 ounces
• Construction: durable plastic. Does not require replacement parts or batteries, or any chemicals.
• Capacity: filters up to 264 gallons (1000 liters) of water.
• Shelf Life: 5 years when stored at room temperature. (Product package may state shelf life of 3 years, but this will be corrected on newer packaging. The actual shelf life is 5 years.)
• Included: Comes with a lanyard, and a cap for the mouth piece and end piece
Bacteria removed include:
• Escherichia coli,
• Vibrio cholerae,
• Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
Protozoa removed include:
• Giardia lamblia (“Beaver Fever”)
• Cryptosporidium Parvum
• Entamoeba histolytica.
Please note: The LifeStraw currently does not filter heavy metals or viruses, and will not desalinate water.
How to use:
The patented LifeStraw is a small tube with specialized filters inside. Place one end in unfiltered water (a glass, water bottle, river, or puddle!), and suck the resulting clean water up through the top. Anyone who can use a drinking straw can easily use a LifeStraw. At only 2 oz, it’s the lightest way of filtering water while on the go. If you consume the recommended 3-4 liters of water per day while hiking, LifeStraw will last you for between 250-330 days of hiking.
|Dimensions||9 x 1 in|